General Statement of Duties: Under the direct supervision of the President of Development, this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Development Department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, events, and department activities for all members of the department.
- Creates various materials and documents for presentations, submittals, RFPs and RFQs
- Processes and submits all development project invoices for approval.
- Tracks development costs
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Creates FedEx packages or overnight documents
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers phones, takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Works in cooperation with other assistants when needed.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents and senior vice presidents.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the president, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating mailings and creating brochures.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Processes monthly expenses
- Orders office supplies for Development Team as needed.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience (business management, operations, communications, administrative support desirable).
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Strong computer proficiencies required. Intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign. Basic proficiency with Yardi desirable. Fluent in English. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with people of varied leadership styles where priorities change daily. Deadline driven. Demonstrates strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility, Computer Skills, Personal Organization Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Administrative Assistant Core Competencies: Technical Capacity, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility, Thoroughness, Collaboration Skills, Communication Proficiency, Flexibility, Dependability
Travel Requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to All Careers