General Statement of Duties: Responsible for assisting with the property’s maintenance and facilities operations to enhance the value of the community. Assists with supervision of maintenance staff. Maintains property’s equipment and machinery.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager
Supervision Exercised: Assists with supervision of maintenance staff
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Assists with Supervising maintenance staff and serves as company representative with contractors and temporary staff. Coordinates and assists with training maintenance staff.
- Schedules and assists with completing daily operations (service orders, repaints/recarpets, apartment turnovers, etc.).
- Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
- Schedules and participates in emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance.
- Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions, and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
- Assists with preparation of maintenance budget.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedule.
- Oversees and assists with trash and snow removal.
- Maintains decorating replacement schedules. Oversees and schedules unit and common area painting.
- Schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs and minor repairs to HVAC.
- Picks up and delivers supplies using company vehicle or personal vehicle.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, safety practices and regulations.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related building or property maintenance supervisory work experience. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Designated certifications for property type where required.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Must be computer proficient. Ability to supervise maintenance staff. Must be computer proficient. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver’s license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and heating standard practices. Professional demeanor and solid interpersonal skills. Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Must live within 30 minutes of the property. Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for Management positions:
Decision-Making / Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing For Results, People Development.
Beacon Maintenance Supervisor Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills.
Back to All Careers