Supervision Received: General Counsel
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties
Location: Boston, MA
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
The Closing Associate/Paralegal’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist General Counsel and Associate General Counsel and asset management staff with refinancings and sale transactions pre-to-post closing;
- Complete due diligence requests from lenders, with particular focus on FHA and GSE closings during the first year;
- Maintain closing checklists and files and assist with financial and legal summaries post-closing;
- Closing support including creation of execution copies of documents, collection of signatures, witnessing and/or notarizing of documents, distribution of documents, and filing of documents on internal filing system;
- Supervise production, distribution and revisions to closing disks;
- Legal document filing / record keeping, including board resolutions, corporate documents, and signature authority;
- Form new entities, including drafting formation documents, operating and limited partnership agreements, amendments, corporate governance documents and obtain tax ID numbers;
- Assist with drafting letters;
- Participate in meetings to discuss deal status and overall deal coordination;
- Assist with HUD APPS filings and updates;
- Assist General Counsel and Associate General Counsel with special projects related to improving efficiency of data, documents and systems;
- File annual reports for corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies in Massachusetts;
- Communicate with service company to arrange annual reports and other filings for corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies outside Massachusetts; and
- Complete other tasks assigned by the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel.
Required Education and Experience:
- A. or B.S. required; paralegal certification preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience; and
- Expert proficiency in use of computers including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of real estate law and finance, particularly experience with multifamily real estate closings and associated legal documentation (mortgages, promissory notes, loan agreements, deeds, regulatory agreements, subsidy documents, etc.);
- Similar direct equivalent experience with a national law, mortgage or real estate firm helpful but not required; and
- Knowledge of FHA and GSE lending programs.
- Organizational skills;
- Manage projects and tasks independently;
- Scrupulous attention to detail;
- Prepare written summaries and briefings of assigned tasks for internal and external dissemination;
- Communicate effectively in person and in writing;
- Perform administrative tasks to support staff members;
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and initiative in work assignments;
- Independently manage simultaneous and competing activities and demands on your time; and
- Remain organized and meet deadlines.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers