General Statement of Duties: Work independently and within a team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects with Vice President of Insurance and Risk Management.
Supervision Received: Reports to Susanne Gallione in Boston, MA corporate office
FLSA status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Assist with management of master property and liability insurance program including responding to questions on coverage, claims, etc. and requests for documentation for existing portfolio as well as acquisitions and development transactions. Interact with brokers, lenders, etc.
- Track and monitor General Liability and Automobile Insurance claims and Lawsuits including regular meetings with insurance adjusters and interact with the property teams to assist with the defense of the claims.
- Report Property Insurance claims to insurance carrier and oversee claim process.
- Conduct insurance related trainings regularly.
- Maintain insurance policies, endorsements and schedules.
- Arrange insurance carriers’ inspections and coordinate responses to their recommendations.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance for properties for all lenders, agencies, investors and leased equipment.
- Obtain and maintain Certificates of Insurance from commercial tenants and outside owners, if applicable.
- Review Certificates of Insurance from vendors, track and follow-up with the properties or brokers on deficiencies.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal process including completing Insurance Applications, allocation of premiums and establishing insurance budgets.
- Maintain Statement of Values for the portfolio and schedule of company-owned vehicles.
- Management company initiatives not limited to Outsourcing of Certificates of Insurance
- Establish/Enhance loss control measures at the properties, i.e., reviewing and monitoring Service Agreements/Contracts; obtain and review snow and sanding logs etc.
- Develop and implement risk management practices
- Administration of real estate tax bills in Beacon Information Central system
- Assist team members with other initiatives from own department and other departments
- Attend insurance-industry trainings/webinars
- Provide administrative support by scanning, emailing, copying, filing, processing of letters/correspondence, planning meetings/trainings including sending Outlook invitations, and arranging video-conferencing and conference rooms, Yardi report generation, document management and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. using Microsoft Office.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience (property management, business management, or insurance experience desirable)
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Commercial Property and Liability Insurance experience preferred. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily and multi-task. Deadline driven. Strong organizational and project management skills required. Ability to work autonomously with very little supervision. Familiarity with real estate/property management/property and liability industry a plus. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Basic proficiency with Yardi a plus. Fluent in English. Basic math skills required for budget preparations. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Demonstrates strong initiative and high-level of professionalism. Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all
levels throughout the organization and with associated agencies. Maintains extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars.Back to All Careers