General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Directly oversees both COS and Leasing departments and set standards for work performance
- Conducts training for all new hires in COS and Leasing departments as well as continued support
- Assists PM with hiring, termination and performance appraisals
- Updates monthly and quarterly compliance reports and matrices
- Approves all MI files and reviews all files that go over 140%
- Ensures the move in, move out and transfer processes are completed accurately
- Monitor external and internal waiting lists to ensure tenant selection plan is being followed
- Ensures all EIV reporting is being completed correctly
- Ensures all files are ready for inspections and audits
- Ensures Leasing Office is open Monday-Friday and customer service is exceptional
- Reports and meets with Management weekly on how departments are preforming
- Maintains EIV binder
- Special projects as assigned by property manager.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or equivalent is required. Certified Occupancy Specialist Designation required. At least five years of Sr. COS experience required.
Qualifications and Skills: Basic math proficiency required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel; highly motivated and able to work independently; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.Back to All Careers