General Statement of Duties: The Director of Asset Management is involved with developing the overall real estate strategy for each asset in the portfolio. Working with internal and external teams, manages the refinancings and dispositions of properties, and assists with the negotiating and implementation of partnership restructuring. Understands capital improvement strategy and planning.
Supervision Received: Reports to the EVP, Asset Management
Direct Reports: None
Essential Functions of the Position: Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.
Responsible for achieving financial performance objectives and managing the portfolio’s financial goals
- Prepares hold/re-finance/sell recommendations and oversees the re-financing and disposition process, as necessary.
- Oversees the internal and external process needed to refinance the assets including: presenting loan options for debt restructuring, review of appraisals, coordinate internal review of the PCNA, modeling and facilitate timely closing with legal team and lender.
- Assists with comprehensive team approach to develop long and short-term strategic plans for the assets.
- Develops initiatives to enhance the portfolio performance.
- Conducts visits to existing properties to evaluate asset physical condition and work closely with the property management teams on the physical strategy to maintain the asset.
- Reviews due diligence reports conducted by the acquisitions team.
- Assists with required steps needed to restructure existing partnerships.
- Monitors specific performance measures to identify risks, trends and opportunities.
Represents Beacon Communities to the public and collaboratively develops a partnership with public officials, businesses and agencies.
- Executive presence; comfortable speaking/ presenting to lenders, agencies, investors and stakeholders.
Education: Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline. An MBA in a real estate program is preferable.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate required. 6 – 8 years’ experience in asset management or a minimum of 8 years relevant multifamily real estate and financial analysis experience.
Qualifications and Skills: Superior analytical and financial Excel modeling capabilities are required. Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills to successfully manage internal and external relationships. Must be able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks effectively, take on additional responsibility and possess exceptional attention to detail. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Occasional travel required.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.Back to All Careers