General Statement of Duties: The Financial Analyst supports the acquisition and asset management functions of the company including financial statement analysis, portfolio management, valuations of residential rental communities, pro forma analysis, and coordinating or assisting with acquisitions and dispositions.
Supervision Received: Reports to Director Acquisitions
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Classification: Professional
Location: Home Office
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Create complex financial models of multifamily real estate on both a pre- and post-tax basis.
- Create complex financial models of real estate portfolios.
- Analyze financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, etc.)
- Work with property management team to understand operating efficiencies and costs.
- Assist in preparation of memorandums for Investment Committee.
- Analyze market and market trends.
- Assist in property due diligence.
- Assist in preparation for management to takeover a property.
- Work with lenders to optimize debt financing and place investments.
- Work with investors to optimize equity financing and place investments.
Education: BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate or related field.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
Minimum 2 years of experience with financial models (banking, consulting, real estate). Experience with multifamily real estate, particularly tax-credit syndications a plus. Experience with mortgage finance a plus. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
Ability to effectively communicate to team members, senior management, and investors using financial models and written formats.
Limited travel will be required to tour real estate acquisition opportunities.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Financial Analyst Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers