General Statement of Duties: Landscaping duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the property that will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety standards. Ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly in a timely manner. Must live no more than 30 minutes from the property.
Supervision Received: Reports to Landscape Director and Property Manager
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Responsible to assist Landscape Supervisor with Landscape and Snow Removal Duties.
- Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Assists with emergency roof repairs and exterior siding repairs.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks related to the landscape and snow equipment.
- Performs landscape maintenance duties including: weeding, tree and shrub pruning, blowing walks and sweeping streets, edging, planting flowers and shrubs, mulching and trash removal.
- Maintains outdoor furnishings, walkways, fences, benches and recreational equipment.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Landscape Director or Property Manager.
- Asist maintenance department with interior projects as needed.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Participates in training seminars as requested.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described. 3 to 5 years of Landscape experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Must be computer proficient. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver’s license. Possesses adequate knowledge Landscape practices. Basic knowledge of use of snow removal equipment and ability to drive a plow truck is a plus.Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers