The Learning and Development Coordinator assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the learning and development functions and duties. These duties and responsibilities can change regularly based on needs. The Learning and Development Coordinator’s function is to assist the Vice President of Learning and Development, Learning and Development Managers and the Integration Managers with the various learning and development and events duties for both Beacon and NDC portfolios.
Reports to: Vice President of Learning and Development and Events
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Boston, MA
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class).
Learning & Development Responsibilities:
- Schedules and assists in New Hire Orientations including travel arrangements, communications with various departments to schedule department training, ordering lunches and other various assignments.
- Researches and makes travel arrangements for New Hire Orientation, as needed.
- Serves as back-up to the LMS Administrator by learning the basic functions of the GreenLight system, including uploading courses, enrolling participants and running reports.
- Maintains 2 separate department training calendars to coordinate work flow and meetings for both Beacon and NDC.
- Maintains a neat, orderly and efficient Learning and Development Department filing system;
- Creates and modifies spreadsheets for various reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, and/or other presentation software or other programs as needed.
- Prepares copies and binds training materials, create nametags, sign-in sheets and other duties as required for training events;
- Assists with scheduling and coordination of in-person and/or off-site trainings, conferences, online and/or self-study trainings;
- Set-up and coordinate Learning and Development meetings, conference call and ad-hoc workgroups;
- Prepares agendas and plans for Learning and Development meetings and/or other related meetings;
- Coordinates and attends department meetings, seminars and conference calls to record minutes; compiles, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings as needed.
- Assist in mapping out annual training plans for management, HR, customer support and more.
Event Planning and Production responsibilities:
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Writing Skills, Verbal Communication, Maintaining Employee Files, Excellent Customer Service, Orienting Employees, Benefits Administration, Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization & Teamwork.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct research and to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations HR requirements.
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 3 + plus years of administrative experience preferably in the related field.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office. Especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SilkRoad’s Learning and Development and Performance Management system.
Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity for competent use of office equipment. Ability to climb stairs and walk through the community.
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for a Learning and Development Coordinator Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Computer Skills, Personal Organization Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Travel Requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers