General Statement of Duties: Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. Acts as the Company’s representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Sells features and benefits of apartment living to prospective and current residents. Responsible for all phases of the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy. Provide assistance with annual re-certifications.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager and/or Assistant Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Processes rental applications. Assists prospective tenants with application procedures.
- Tracks and files initial and re-certification verification forms.
- Conducts new resident orientation
- Builds relationships with prospective and current residents and coordinates all phases of the leasing process: intakes, interviews, processing, preparation and distribution of applications.
- Learns the necessary occupancy requirements of multiple affordable housing programs.
- Familiarizes oneself with the HUD handbook, IRS Code Section 42, 8823 Audit Guide & LIHTC Compliance Manual.
- Learns to process income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs and updates Yardi database.
- Greets applicants and provides instruction and guidance to prospective residents during application process. Assist residents with any questions regarding recertifications.
- After successfully assimilating the occupancy requirements associated with multiple housing programs, coordinates leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their distribution.
- Provides polished and professional sales tours of vacant apartments and community amenities.
- Conducts and oversees move in and move out inspections with prospects and residents.
- Updates market study.
- Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Coordinates and maintains waiting list.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by Property Manager and/or Assistant Property Manager.
Education and Experience: Associates degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required. Two years sales/leasing experience desirable. Certified Occupancy Specialist and Tax Credit Specialist designations desirable. If these designations are not obtained prior to employment, they will be a requirement after employment.
Qualifications and Skills: Attention to detail required. Knowledge of subsidy regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel. Highly motivated and able to work independently. Ability to handle resident or building emergency situations if needed. Excellent organizational, proofreading and interpersonal skills required.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Leasing Consultant / COS Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self-Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills, Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Sales Skills, Communication, Outgoing, Passionate, Willingness to Engage in Conversation, Strong Follow up Skills.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers