General Statement of Duties: Acts as the Community representative by greeting and welcoming residents and visitors. The Membership Coordinator also provides moderate level of general clerical and administrative support for the staff and oversees all membership tracking information.
Supervision Received: Reports to Sr. Property Manager and Director, Boys & Girls Club.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities, and associated agencies. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Maintains reception area and office in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain main lobby area displays and creates monthly calendar.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Answer telephones in a professional manner; direct calls and record messages.
- Transfers telephone calls to and from answering services.
- Provides afterschool staffing support to BGCB Monday-Friday from 2pm-6pm.
- Addresses and/or refers to Director of B&G Club (between 2pm-6pm weekdays during the school year) all behavioral issues and participates in Member Reviews with staff.
- Acts as Liason for Little Grooves programming.
- Makes referrals and conducts outreach for Empath, B&G Club, AES, NDEC and other partners.
- Assists community members with completing and submitting program applications.
- Act as Point Person for TLC partners and community members and forward requests and questions to the appropriate Beacon staff person.
- Schedules appointments and programming use of community space.
- Greets all visitors, program facilitators, participants, and residents.
- Collect, coordinate, and file all “program intakes”, membership forms, and survey materials.
- Record daily participation logs for programs and enter pertinent information into tracking system. Track individual and family participation in My Senior Center and Yardi.
- Distribute and collect Permission slips for offsite events and programs. Store files and Permission slips in locked file cabinet in locked closet.
- Be familiar with offered programming and requirements for programing.
- Prepare and file office correspondence including letters, reports, “one-call” notifications, and spreadsheets.
- Coordinate Summer Breakfast and lunch program.
- Solicit donations for community distribution (school bags, holiday gifts, etc.)
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Attend community meetings as requested.
- Participate in youth and career development trainings.
- Attend/participate in Community Events and Field Trips.
- Open/close Center as scheduled during off-hour events.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Associate’s or BA degree preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Neat and orderly work habits. Knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel. Good communication skills (written and oral). Good interpersonal skills. Detail oriented. Organized and fluent in English; bilingual capabilities preferred. Patient, pleasant and professional demeanor. Ability to multi task, handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the Company.
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for Administrative Assistant Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Computer Skills, Personal Organization Skills, Interpersonal Skills.
Travel Requirements: May occasionally attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
Back to All Careers