(Temporary – Full Time)
General Statement of Duties: The Project Liaison will act as liaison between the residents and the development, construction and management team members to assist with the implementation of the recently funded renovation project. This individual will work closely with the Property Manager, Resident Services Coordinator and Maintenance Supervisor to help meet the needs of residents during the construction process.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Work with the Resident Service Coordinator (RSC) to determine what services should be in place, to minimize disruptions related to construction.
- Working with Development/Construction Team to draft and directives/notifications to residents.
- Coordinating the work of movers hired by the management company to pack and relocate resident belongings when necessary.
- Staying current with the construction schedule and anticipating the necessary steps in advance of a given unit’s rehabilitation. This task involves instructing the resident on which areas of their apartment will need to be boxed/relocated, by what date. This includes follow up with residents in order for the contractor to be able to perform their work within the units and maintain the overall construction schedule.
- Work with the RSC and service providers to offer/provide services to address special needs that might arise during the construction period.
- Work with the RSC and/or Property Manager to ensure-that the residents who are temporarily displaced have what they need to make their displacement as comfortable as possible; Assisting residents as needed with navigating the construction zones within the building; Maintaining a log to document communication with residents, including but not limited to, interview dates with residents.
- Assist with Property Management operations to ensure services continue to be available to residents.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor to maintain property management work flow through the construction process.
Education and Experience: Associates Degree or some college preferred. Prefer course work in Property Management, Social Work, Human Services, Construction Management or related field and/or 2+ years’ equivalent work experience providing services in a Housing/Multi-Family housing environment or social service organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Adequate familiarity with computers and technology. An understanding of mental health, addictions, family issues, multicultural issues and elderly service delivery systems. Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as with teams and resident groups. Able and willing to network and work cooperatively with community agencies, vendors, contractors and residents. Ability to work patiently in a fast paced and challenging environment. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity.
Supervision Received: Directly supervised by Property Manager.
Also Works Directly With: Development Director, Regional Vice-President, Regional Maintenance Director
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday office hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Exact hours and schedule to be determined.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Project Liaison Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Self Development, Organizational Savvy, Interpersonal Skills.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers