General Statement of Duties: Responsible for daily accounting functions and financial reporting for operational projects as assigned.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of Assistant Controllers and Controller.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Maintains books and electronic records for projects, in accordance with company’s internal and external reporting requirements. Performs audits and analyses required by Controller with minimum oversight.
- Monitors and assists site staff with their job performance responsibilities.
- Reconciles bank accounts; makes necessary adjustments on time.
- Prepares periodic reporting to government agencies, financial institutions and investors.
- Performs monthly close, including analysis of significant variances.
- Generates on line packages for annual audits.
- Complies with applicable government regulations. Complies with company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains and respects resident confidentiality.
- Reviews ‘check run’ with Property Manager and authorizes release of payments.
- Calculates management fees.
- Calculates periodic accruals.
- Assists management with budget preparations.
Education: BS degree in Accounting.
Experience: Two to three years accounting experience required. Real Estate accounting experience and knowledge of affordable, multi-family housing or construction accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent computer proficiencies with Excel and Word. Yardi experience a plus. Self-motivated with ability to work independently. Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills. Desire to learn and share knowledge with others. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity. Will be required to work some nights, holidays, and/or weekends during peak periods of business. Travel may be required for company meetings, training, and site visits.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.Back to All Careers