NDC Real Estate Management LLC/ Beacon Communities is excited to be recruiting for a talented Property Accountant in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. The Property Accountant is responsible for daily accounting functions and financial reporting for operational projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a property accountant with a strong general ledger and financial reporting focus, to join a stable and growing corporate accounting team. Great environment, excellent onboarding and training, with a strong and stable leadership team.
The property accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for a portfolio of properties including preparing bank reconciliations, processing payments, handling month end closings and reconciliations, and reviewing and distributing financial reports. In addition, special projects will be assigned as well as participation in year end audit packages and documentation.
- Maintains books and electronic records for projects, in accordance with company’s internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assist site personnel with their accounting related job performance responsibilities.
- Performs audits and analyses required by the Vice-Presidents with minimum oversight.
- Monitors and assists staff accountants with their job performance responsibilities.
- Reconciles bank accounts; makes necessary adjustments on time.
- Prepares periodic reporting to government agencies, financial institutions and investors.
- Performs monthly close, including analysis of significant variances.
- Daily and monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations for multiple properties.
- Prepare financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Month-end reconciliations, accruals, and other journal entries.
- Initiate and record cash transfers, investments, and owner’s distributions.
- Provide meaningful financial analysis and reports for internal managers.
- Assist with annual audit preparation and ad hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on GL.
- Property management / real estate industry experience desired.
- Knowledge of affordable, multi-family housing or construction accounting experience (preferred).
- Strong general ledger accounting and GAAP compliance knowledge.
- Fast-paced, multi-entity accounting experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with Yardi accounting systems (preferred) and advanced ability with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience and ability to juggle many tasks with attention to detail, build rapport with all groups, and provide innovative problem solving.
Beacon is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multi-family housing. Our portfolio includes affordable housing, market rate housing and mixed income-housing. Our developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing. We take on challenging developments and make them succeed. Our driving passion is to create well-designed, healthy homes that improve the quality of life of our residents and enhance the neighborhoods in which they are located.
Our team consists of more than 400 on-site professionals, expert in the language of our buildings, committed to our standards of excellence, and dedicated to the highest quality experience for all our residents.
Mission: Beacon is known for successfully managing challenging properties and finding new and creative ways to stand out in today’s demanding rental housing marketplace. Our property management practices set the industry standard for attention to detail, physical plant services, and overall community enhancement. We are committed to creating and nurturing strong resident partnerships in order to enable our communities to thrive.
Beacon Communities LLC considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Back to All Careers