General Statement of Duties: Works independently to supervise and coordinate all site management related issues. Should be familiar with housing management and budgeting. Oversees entire marketing and leasing of the apartment community.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Regional Vice President.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises directs reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitors and oversees all site management related programs, policies, plans, contracts and agreements.
- Hires, trains and supervises staff.
- Oversees all aspects of rental/management office.
- Prepares yearly operating budget, monitors and performs budget projections.
- Prepares 5 and 20-year capital needs studies.
- Prepares periodic investor reports.
- Monitors energy/utility consumption.
- Interacts and negotiates contracts for services and supplies.
- Maintains waiting lists and administers all market renting and leasing procedures. Conducts intakes and processes applications. Prepares and distributes applicant correspondence. Interviews eligible applicants and prepares lease packages. Establishes market rental rates, broker relations and advertising.
- Conduct new resident orientations.
- Greets and assists applicants/residents and guests.
- Responsible for all rent collection efforts and delinquency notices.
- Responds to requests for information from home office personnel.
- Ensures affirmative action compliance and reporting.
- Administers reasonable accommodation policy.
- Interacts with residents, holds resident meetings and handles resident complaint procedures.
- Oversees preparation of all reports, including monthly management, weekly marketing, delinquency/ occupancy, bad debt write-off and expense reports.
- Coordinates all resident services, recreational activities and marketing outreach in the community.
- Oversees security procedures.
- Coordinates turnover schedule, major replacements and exterminating with maintenance supervisor.
- Oversees all aspects of maintenance and landscape.
- Handles all aspects of site and unit inspections.
- Monitors all aspects of site safety, accident and insurance reporting and emergency and media training.
- Follows through with evictions and apartment transfers.
- Maintain service orders and log, purchase procedures and inventory.
Experience and Education: B.S. degree and at least five years of related work experience.
Qualifications and Skills: Familiarity with luxury market housing management and related terminology. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Yardi. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated. Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail oriented. Flexible and creative. Strong supervisory and customer service skills. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the Company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.Back to All Careers