General Statement of Duties: Responsible for implementing base property and multi-property locations’ preventative maintenance schedules including building equipment (boilers, HVAC units, hot water tanks, fire and life safety systems, etc.) and maintenance tools/equipment. Monitors the completion of assigned property maintenance schedules. Responsible for the maintenance operations of the base property, and implementation and tracking of inventory control systems. Provides technical and troubleshooting assistance to Maintenance Supervisors and Assistant Maintenance Supervisors within the assigned portfolio.
Supervision Received: Reports to the home base Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Director of the multi-property locations.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises designated maintenance staff and projects.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class)
- Supervises maintenance staff and oversees contractors as directed Regional Maintenance Supervisor. Oversees contractors at multi-property locations as requested by the Regional Vice President and V.P. of Operations.
- When needed, assists with scheduling and coordinating daily operations (service orders, repaints/re-carpets, apartment turnovers, etc.) of the home based property. Assists with the implementation of the schedules and policies regarding daily operations at multi-property locations at the request of the Regional Vice President and V.P. of Operations.
- Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
- Assists with emergency on-call rotation and after-hours maintenance at the home base property.
- When needed, monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance and capital improvement budgets.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections at home base property. Completes inspections at multi-property locations at the request of the Regional Vice President.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedules at the home base property and multi-property locations.
- Assists with trash and snow removal.
- As needed, maintains decorating replacements schedules. Oversees, schedules, and monitors the completion of unit and common area painting.
- When needed schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs, minor repairs to HVAC systems. Insures that all major components of the home based property are covered by repair contracts where needed. Completes and/or monitors designated repairs on multi-property locations at the request of the Regional Vice President.
- When needed, obtains bulk pricing for common supplies and/or services (landscaping, paint, carpet, maintenance parts, etc.) from national vendors for all properties within the assigned portfolio.
- When needed, negotiates and reviews all maintenance service and/or capital improvement project contracts for home based property and multi location properties.
- Insures that each Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor understands and is provided with information related to the applicable codes in the city, county or state where property is located.
- Trains team members on system troubleshooting mechanical systems and safe work practices.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitors applicable OSHA compliance on the home-based property and multi property locations.
- Coordinates and assists with training maintenance staff at designated locations.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff. Preserves and respects the confidentiality of resident information.
Education, Training, and Experience: Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related building maintenance work experience. Five years property maintenance or construction supervision work experience. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Designated certifications where required.
Qualifications and Skills: Ability to supervise maintenance staff and manage multiple priorities for assigned portfolio properties. Must possess analytical skills and neat/orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver’s license. Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical and heating standard practices. Must travel to multi-property locations as required. Performs on-call status for supervisory support and assistance as required. Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity in resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Live within 35 minutes of the property is preferred, but not mandatory. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making /Judgment, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing For Results, People Development.
Beacon Maintenance Supervisor Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers