Beacon Communities is a multifamily development, investment and management company comprised of affordable and market rate rental and for-sale communities. Beacon Communities offers the latest in-home design and green living, with a focus on technology to provide the highest quality resident services. We are currently accepting resumes for the Roving Recertification Specialist position.
Job Summary: The Roving Recertification Specialist supports various properties in meeting occupancy goals and certification requirements across the portfolio. The RCOS interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy and compliance with various HUD and LIHTC certification/recertification requirements; serves as a subject matter expert on all occupancy and compliance requirements; and helps troubleshoot occupancy and certification problems as requested. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to Certified Occupancy Specialists as requested. Weekly travel to sites required.
Supervision Received: Reports to Senior Regional Vice President, Regional Vice President, and Property Manager(s) per Assignment – Region 1
Essential Job Accountabilities: (Any one position may not include all of the accountabilities listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Processes income certifications/recertifications utilizing Yardi system and adhering to Beacon’s AR/IR Procedures. Coordinates leasing including intakes, interviews, processing, preparation and distribution of applications. Coordinates and maintains waiting list. Assists with rent collection efforts by mailing notices to delinquent residents. Prepares lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service. Provides instruction and guidance to residents during recertification process. Promotes a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations. Maintains privacy and confidentiality of resident and company information at all times.
- Assists property staff with troubleshooting occupancy and certification problems as requested. Recommends action plans for problem resolution. Serves as subject matter expert and resource on occupancy and related compliance requirements/regulations.
- Provides training, coaching and mentoring as requested to facilitate development of property site staff as needed.
- Quality Assurance audits and follow up, special projects, and reporting.
- Completes special projects assigned by manager.
Education and Certifications: Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) designation required. Minimum two years of Tax Credit experience. C3P or equivalent designation. Requires professional knowledge of government subsidy regulations and COS expertise gained through experience and education.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
Basic math proficiency required. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Yardi system. Exceptional personal organization skills required. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to work in stressful situations requiring time sensitive deadlines. Interpersonal skills required.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Roving COS Functional Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Work Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: Weekly travel visiting properties. Travel also required to attend meetings and training seminars.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.Back to All Careers