General Statement of Duties: Provide support to the Executive Vice President of Asset Management and the Vice President of Compliance.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Asset Management
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, to generate correspondence, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, business plans, policies, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work either independently or within a team with strong project management skills required.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and high level of professionalism.
- Successful candidates will be highly organized with attention to detail and have the ability to manage multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily.
- Working knowledge of:
- Affordable housing programs including but not limited to, Section 8, Section 811, RAD, MRVP, Enhanced Vouchers (EV), Project Based Vouchers (PBV) and general LIHTC requirements;
- AAF/OCAF, PBV and EV rent increase requirements;
- HUD utility allowance requirements and general understanding of setting of LIHTC utility allowances
- Resident Selection Plans
SPECIFIC PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
Rent Increase Requests
- Initiate AAF/OCAF rent increase requests and prepares Rent Schedules for PBVs, Mod-Rehab; and Section 8/HUD.
Rent Increase Requests for HAP-PBS8
- 150-day Mark, initiate Auto-OCAF process by providing HUD-CA with project’s debt service and Non-Section 8 rent potential (90-day mark for AAF)
- Upon receipt of Auto-OCAF letter, review for accuracy then prepare for owner’s acceptance/execution
- Prepare, send, and track submittal package
- Upon Approval, distribute
Utility Allowance Analysis for HAP-PBS8
- 180-day Mark, review options of Utility Allowance Factor (UAF) vs. Baseline Analysis, If Baseline:
- Request data from WegoWise
- Determine if a baseline utility allowance analysis or the utility allowance factor, is applicable;
- Prepare UA Analysis or UAF worksheet;
- Track approval of utility allowances;
- Proceed to steps for “Rent Increase Requests for HAP-PBS8”.
Rent Increase Requests for HAP-PBVs, MRVP, Section 811 and Enhanced Vouchers (EV)
- 90-day Mark, review rents and policy for 110% FMR, 120% FMR, OCAF, etc., confirm with Sr VP AM and PMs
- Prepare resident notices for PM distribution
- Prepare, send, and track submittal package to contract administrator or respective agency;
- Upon approval, distribute new rent schedule internally.
Utility Data Tracking
- Communities with Utility Allowances
- Working in conjunction with Property Managers to track utility account numbers stored in Yardi, including signed Resident Authorizations to Release Utility Data from utility companies.
- Collaborate with Asset Management to review WegoWise utility data.
- Special energy management assignments, as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of WegoWise at specific affordable communities.
- Identify and communicate all required data points to WegoWise;
- Update the master utility tracking sheet;
- Verify required information stored in Yardi.
Minority vendor (MBE-WBE) Reports
- Prepare MHIC MBE/WBE Reporting;
- Prepare MassHousing’s CDMS M/WBE Utilization Reports (Fiscal Year July-June);
- Prepare WBE/MBE Summary Report for distribution to the BRM Management Committee.
- Track all HAP-related documents, maintain compliance with deadlines;
- Assist with Contract expirations and renewals;
- Assist with Fifth-Year adjustments;
- Review Rent Comparability Studies for accuracy.
- Rental Application
- Tenant Selection Plan
- Assist with preparation of Management Plans and Resident Selection Plans.
- Assist with preparing/reviewing rent analysis and/or rent increase history by community.
- Advise Asset Management and Property Management teams when to order the RCS for the 5th year adjustment;
- Assist with the rental income review to identify LIHTC properties that are not at maximum tax credit rents.
Additional Duties Supporting Senior Management
- Develop and/or oversee special projects;
- Update and maintain HAP-related documents on BIC Drive;
- Other duties, as directed.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and some legal experience related to Real Estate and/or Property Management preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Familiarity with real estate/property management industry desirable.
- Basic proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Basic math skills required for income computations and budget preparations.
Travel Requirements: As needed
Beacon Job Competencies for Senior Compliance Coordinator
Job Knowledge: Technically and professionally skilled in all position responsibilities and duties. Must have relevant knowledge of work practices, policies, procedures, and resources with the ability to research regulations, guidelines and general laws related to the industry.
Quality: Committed to doing high quality work and seeking ways to offer department improvements within the scope of work. Will complete any given project with high standards. Respect the worth of every job and task.
Problem Solving/Analysis: Able to quickly see patterns in complex problems and are willing to provide thoughtful solutions. Will analyze a report with objectivity while keeping the goal in perspective.
Interpersonal Skills: Able to communicate with team members and customers using a combination of communication techniques, with a reasonable balance between in-person and technology. A good team player who can both think strategically and act tactically.
Personal Organization: Possess Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to retrieve and/or provide requested project information within their scope of work in a timely manner.
Productivity: Able to successfully multi-task and complete projects in a professional manner and adhere to required deadlines while providing the same attention to detail to any size project.
Beacon Core Competencies for All Employees
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader with goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
INTEGRITY / ETHICS:
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
ADAPTABILITY / FLEXIBILITY:
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts to meet changing needs.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers