General Statement of Duties: Performs maintenance duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the property that will enhance the value of the community utilizing company operating and safety standards. Ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly in a timely manner. Must live no more than 30 minutes from the property.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required unless it is temporarily assigned.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, heating/air issues.
- Completes minor repairs and improvements in vacant units for market ready status in a timely manner.
- Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair. Assists with vinyl floor, cove and wall base installation.
- Assists at other properties in the region as needed.
- Maintains equipment and monitors inventory.
- Responsible for snow removal.
- Assists with trash removal and keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Performs emergency on-call service for after hours maintenance-related issues as required.
- Assists with emergency roof repairs and exterior siding repairs.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
- Assists cleaning staff as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Participates in training seminars as requested.
- Schedules apartment turn tasks with vendors and team members.
- Completes move out inspections.
- Completes “Buy Out” process.
- Manages workflow in Yardi.
- Assigns work order and delegates to maintenance team.
Education, Training and Experience: Any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including building or property maintenance work experience. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician preferred. Two years property maintenance experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills: Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Must be computer proficient. Must possess neat and orderly work habits. Maintains a valid driver’s license. Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and heating standard practices. Basic knowledge of general carpentry. Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Physical Capabilities: Must live within 30 minutes of the property. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Back to All Careers