General Statement of Duties: Work independently and within a team on special, non-recurring and ongoing projects with Vice President of Risk Management.
Supervision Received: Reports to Vice President of Risk Management in Boston, MA corporate office
FLSA status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Management of master property and liability insurance program including responding to questions on coverage, etc. and requests for documentation for existing portfolio.
- Interact with brokers, lenders, etc.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal process including completing Insurance Applications, allocation of insurance premiums, establishing insurance budgets and other financial analyses.
- Maintain Statement of Values for the portfolios.
- Review and maintain insurance policies, endorsements and schedules.
- Review, approve and maintain insurance invoices.
- Obtain, review and track Certificates of Insurance and Agreements for Services for development during due diligence
- Assist VP of Risk Management with insurance related to acquisitions, re-financings and development transactions.
- Establish/Enhance loss control measures at the properties, i.e., reviewing and monitoring Contracts; obtain and review snow and sanding logs etc.
- Obtain and maintain Certificates of Insurance from commercial tenants and outside owners
- Oversee schedule of company-owned vehicles including requests relating to purchases, leases, insurance ID cards, etc.
- Conduct insurance related trainings as requested.
- Management company initiatives not limited to Outsourcing of Certificates of Insurance
- Develop and implement risk management practices
- Attend insurance-related meetings
- Assist team members with other initiatives from own department and other departments
- Attend insurance-industry trainings/webinars
- Provide administrative support by scanning, emailing, copying, filing, processing of letters/ correspondence, planning meetings/trainings including sending Outlook invitations, and arranging video-conferencing and conference rooms, Yardi report generation, document management and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc. using Microsoft Office.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience (property management, business management, or insurance experience desirable
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills: Commercial Property and Liability Insurance experience preferred. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change daily and multi-task. Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented as accuracy is vital. Project management skills required and deadline driven. Ability to work autonomously with very little supervision. Familiarity with real estate/property management/property and liability industry a plus. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Basic proficiency with Yardi a plus. Fluent in English. Basic math skills required for budget preparations. Strong oral and written communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Demonstrates strong initiative and high-level of professionalism. Ability to enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations. Fosters positive, active and collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and with associated agencies. Maintains extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities is an Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers