General Statement of Duties: The position of Systems Specialist / Help Desk is designated to be responsible for Designing, Developing and Deploying Custom business centric applications with a focus on Process Automation, Custom Reports, Database Management, and resolution of basic Yardi related inquiries received from system users throughout the organization.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Manger of Technical Support
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Essential Functions of the Position: Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Knowledge of SQL and related languages for the development of custom reports and process automation applications
- Knowledge of Database Architecture, specifically the Yardi operating system
- Network Admin Support as needed
- Proficiency with Report Writing technologies
- Ability to identify business automation opportunities
- Work with End User to design and implement process automation opportunities
- Create custom report applications
- MS Office training for users
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist in the testing and rollout of new features and functionality
- Train staff members on new features and upgrade enhancements
- Maintain existing and create new End User documentation for deployed and developed tools
- Provide support for establishing new entities as properties are acquired or expanded
- Serve on the team of users assigned to set up entities and load pertinent data for new acquisitions. Data Import/ Export updates
Education: BS in Business or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge/experience . Accounting experience is a plus.
Experience: Five years’ experience in business operations or application support. Knowledge of SQL, SSRS, or related languages, and data base structures. Knowledge and proficiency working with Office and PC based applications and modules. Knowledge of HUD, LIHTC, PH rules and regulations is a plus. Knowledge of Yardi database architecture a plus, as well as Yardi report writing tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills. Knowledge of accounting methods and related software applications. Ability to work effectively and comfortably in a fast paced environment subject to many directional changes. Ability to manage change and the impact on existing work. Ability to manage multiple project tasks. Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and techniques. Excellent customer focus skills. Effective team player. Ability to work with varying personality styles. Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Computer Skills, Creativity/Innovation, Internet Savvy, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making/Judgment, Planning.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars. Travel to, and set up of, exhibits at events to promote Beacon or its communities.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers