General Statement of Duties: Responsible for daily accounting functions and financial reporting for development projects as assigned.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction of the Development Accounting Supervisors.
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Reconcile all development bank accounts; make necessary adjustments on time and responsible for all aspects of the monthly development bank reconciliation process.
- Prepare and maintain the monthly cash analysis for each development entity.
- Batch and process development payables (Avid software activities) and perform routine journal entries for development activity.
- Prepare monthly project requisition and update monthly master tracking report.
- Maintain books and electronic records for projects in accordance with company’s internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare periodic reporting to government agencies, financial institutions and investors.
- Assist development accountants and supervisors with various projects.
- Assist development accountants and supervisors in preparation of year-end audit and tax workpapers.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Complies with company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains and respects project confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Experience: Zero to two years general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation and month-end close experience preferred. Year-end audit workpaper preparation experience highly desirable. Knowledge of real estate, development accounting and low-income housing tax credits preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word a plus. Experience with Yardi and Avid software systems preferred, but not required. Self-motivated with ability to work independently. Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills. Desire to learn and share knowledge with others. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure due to work complexity and time sensitivity. Will be required to work some nights, holidays, and/or weekends during peak periods of business. Travel may be required for company meetings and/or trainings.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility
Beacon Accountant Job Competencies:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Organization, Productivity
Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to All Careers