General Statement of Duties: The position of Systems Specialist / Help Desk is designated to be responsible for resolving basic Yardi related inquiries received from system users throughout the organization.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Sr. Vice President of IT
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Responsible direct support of end users utilizing the Yardi operating software system.
- Responsible for support of 3rd Party software applications that directly connect to the Yardi operating system.
- Assist in reconciling HAP subsidy activity and related transactions to agency databases.
- Support submission of affordable information to the TRACS and IMAX systems as needed.
- Assist in the development of new reports and processes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Assist in the testing and rollout of new features and functionality.
- General IT and PC support as needed.
- MS Office training for users.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Provide front line support for the Yardi users throughout the Beacon Communities portfolio.
- Provide E-mail and Phone support in response to direct inquiries from site and home office personnel.
- Train new employees on the Yardi software.
- Train staff members on new features and upgrade enhancements.
- Maintain existing and create new End User documentation.
- Provide support for establishing new entities as properties are acquired or expanded.
- Serve on the team of users assigned to set up entities and load pertinent data for new acquisitions.
Education: BS in Business or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge/experience. Accounting experience is a plus.
Experience: Experience in business operations or application support. Knowledge and proficiency working with Yardi applications and modules. Knowledge of HUD, LIHTC, PH rules and regulations is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills. Knowledge of accounting methods and related software applications. Ability to work effectively and comfortably in a fast-paced environment subject to many directional changes. Ability to manage change and the impact on existing work. Ability to manage multiple project tasks. Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and techniques. Excellent customer focus skills. Effective team player. Ability to work with varying personality styles. Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Beacon Core Competencies:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
Communication, Computer Skills, Creativity/Innovation, Internet Savvy, Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making/Judgment, Planning.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/ training seminars. Travel to, and set up of, exhibits at events to promote Beacon or its communities.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers