General Statement of Duties: Assists the Property Manager in fiscal planning, staff supervision, physical property management and resident relations.
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises direct reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and
- Develops and maintains positive resident
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with management of Vendors and routine contracts and Service Agreements
- Responds to telephone and on-site inquiries: ,
- Reviews and tracks progress of service
- Conducts apartment and property inspections.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedules.
- Preserves and respects confidentiality of resident/applicant
- Assists in writing service orders and maintaining service order
- Assists in coordinating turnover schedules with maintenance supervisor.
- Assists Property Manager in budget preparation and financial
- Assists with maintaining service agreements and current certificates of insurance from
- Maintain service agreements and current certificates of insurance from Provides instruction and guidance to COS and Leasing Staff regarding the application process.
- Supervises leasing to include intakes, interviews, processing and preparation of applications, and their
- Coordinates and maintains waiting
- Review lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Assist with training/mentoring of
- Provide direct supervision of COS and Administrative
- Provide oversight and resources to COS in PA, MD and VA Region.
- Participate in special Compliance projects in region as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by property
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent knowledge or equivalent knowledge or experience.
Experience: Two years of related property management work experience. Designated certifications where required for property type.
Qualifications and Skills: Must possess a strong work ethic. Strong supervisory skills. Ability to establish a cooperative working environment with staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi. Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated and detail oriented. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Fluent in English. Bilingual capabilities may be required depending on property. Physical ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, lift boxes, move furniture, shovel snow, etc. Must have the ability to visually inspect property, including grounds and building interiors as well as the ability to climb up and down stairs for tours and inspections. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement. Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Assistant Manager Functional Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Computer Skills, Hiring.
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers