General Statement of Duties: The Development Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative assistance, service and support to Beacon Communities Development, including the president, general counsel, associate general counsel, and senior vice president of finance.
Supervision Received: Reports to President of Beacon Communities Development
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide administrative support in a variety of capacities including scheduling, answering phone lines, printing, photocopying, mail handling, filing, processing correspondence, and ordering office supplies.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Assist with invoice processing for multiple ongoing real estate development projects.
- Work independently and within a team on nonrecurring and ongoing projects. May act as a project manager for special projects (for example, creating a new presentation).
- Assist with the planning of meetings and preparation of meeting materials. This assistance will include tasks such as scheduling, printing and assembling materials, and ordering lunches.
- Type and design general correspondences, presentations, memos, reports, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, and other documents using Microsoft Office applications.
- Prepares reports, memos and lists for development team activity tracking and meetings.
- Handle telephone calls from both internal and external sources and refer to appropriate parties.
- Supports the processing of timesheets as needed.
- Assist in planning groundbreaking and grand opening events, which includes scheduling, developing invitation lists, tracking attendance, generating programs, ordering refreshments, coordinating with on-site personnel, and so on.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintains extreme confidentiality.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Strong project management skills. This position involves juggling multiple tasks and priorities for multiple people concurrently.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative environment where priorities change daily.
- Close attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to work autonomously with very little supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and English fluency.
- Basic math skills required for preparation of budgets and other spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign is ideal but not required.
- Broad computer competency and ability to use a wide range of online tools (for file sharing, collaboration, and so on).
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Desire to work in a friendly and driven workplace that values collaboration and innovation.
Minimum Education: Associates degree or relevant work experience (preferably in office management, communications, or administrative support)
Beacon Core Competencies:
- Integrity / Ethics
- Customer Focus
- Adaptability / Flexibility.
Beacon Functional Job Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Organization
- Computer Skills.
Travel requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.Back to All Careers