General Statement of Duties: Assists with maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the property according to company operating and safety standards, and assists residents with activities of daily living.
Supervision Received: Reports to Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) with back-up direction from Property Manager
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Will Perform the following basic services:
- Light housekeeping services, such as: dusting/vacuuming, scrubbing kitchen and bathroom floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas, putting out household trash.
- Assist residents with laundry and changing bed linens
- Prepare emergency frozen meals by request of RSC or Property Manager
- Other job-related service designated by the RSC or Property Manager
- Monitors and takes inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Assists cleaning staff and maintenance staff, as needed.
- Assists Residents Services Coordinator and Property manager with flyer and building notice distribution, as needed.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with apartment turnover cleaning as directed by Property Manager which may include cleaning appliances, fixtures, ceramic tile, floors, etc, as needed.
- May assist with snow removal.
- Assists with trash removal and maintaining property’s appearance including picking up litter on property and grounds.
- Assist with helping residents prepare for bedbug treatments including unpacking of PIK (personal item kit).
- Fosters a positive. active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies. Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Maintains confidentiality of property operations and resident’s personal affairs.
- Participate in staff meetings and/or staff training.
- Educate residents about cleaning strategies for maintaining a clean home.
- Assist with creating maintenance work-orders when needed repairs are discovered when working in apartments.
- Notify Property Manager or RSC when resident is out of compliance with the lease or is in distress.
- Assist RSC with addressing hoarding issues.
- Assist residents with packing and unpacking for Reasonable Accommodation apartment transfers.
- Special projects as assigned by RSC or Property Manager.
Education: High School Diploma, Vocational/Technical School diploma. G E.D. or equivalent experience.
Experience: Six months to one year cleaning/maintenance work experience preferred,
Qualifications and Skills: Must possess neat and orderly work habits . Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to time sensitivity.
Physical Capabilities: Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc Ability to operate cleaning equipment competently.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Cleaner/Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, interpersonal Skills, Communication. Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers