The HR Recruiting Coordinator position is responsible for reviewing resumes and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions to hiring managers throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions within the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Supervision Received: Director of Human Resources
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Boston, MA
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class).
- Develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
- Contacts hiring managers to develop specific recruiting plans.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements on job boards, with colleges, industry related agencies and social media networks.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Manages candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Screens resumes and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing.
- Provides initial phone screens
- Assist at times with reference and background checks.
- Maintains and provides recruiting reports
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Monitors the careers folder in Outlook and responds to applicants
- Assist with updating job descriptions and competencies
- Keeps track of recruiting budget
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Backup support to HR Coordinator
- Maintain memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to the industry.
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of recruiting experience. SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification a plus.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office. Especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Beacon Core Competencies Required: Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility/Confidentiality
Beacon Functional Job Competencies required for a HR Recruiter Position:
Job Knowledge, Communication, Professionalism, Organization, Interpersonal Skills, Phone Skills, Recruiting Interviewing Skills, Supports Diversity, Employment Law, Results Driven, Judgment
Travel Requirements: May occasionally visit properties and attend offsite meetings/training seminars.
Beacon Communities LLC considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.Back to All Careers