General Statement of Duties: Responsible for implementing home base property and multi-property locations Preventative Maintenance Schedules for all components of the developments to include building equipment (boilers, HVAC units, hot water tanks, fire and life safety systems, etc.), maintenance tools and equipment. Responsible for monitoring the completion of the PM schedules of home base and multi property. Responsible for the overall maintenance operations of the home base property. Implementation and tracking of inventory control systems.
Provides technical and troubleshooting assistance to Maintenance Supervisor’s within the assigned portfolio.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Property Manager of the home base community, Directors of the multi-property locations and to the President – Beacon Residential Management
Supervision Exercised: Supervises direct reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Supervises maintenance employees and contractors at the home base property. Indirectly supervises contractors at the multi-property locations as requested by the assigned property Director.
- Enforces company policies, rules and regulations.
- Schedule and coordinates daily operations (service orders, repaints/recarpets, apartment turnovers, etc.) of the home based property. Will be required to assist in the implementation of the schedules and policies regarding daily operations at multi-property locations at the request of the assigned property Director
- Reviews and tracks progress of service orders.
- Schedules emergency on-call shifts and after-hours maintenance at the home base property.
- Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance and capital improvement budgets.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections at home base property. Will be required to complete inspections at multi-property locations at the request of the assigned property Director.
- Monitors completion of preventive maintenance schedules at the home based property and multi-property locations.
- Oversees property related trash and snow removal.
- Maintains decorating replacements schedules, oversees and schedules unit and common area painting. Will be required to monitor the completion of these items on multi-property locations at the request of the assigned property Director.
- Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff. Preserves and respects the confidentiality of resident information.
- Schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs, emergency roof repairs, minor repairs to HVAC systems. Insures that all major components of the home based property are covered by repair contracts where needed. Will be required to complete and/or monitor these same items on multi-property locations at the request of the assigned property Director.
- Obtains bulk pricing of common supplies and/or services (landscaping, paint, carpet, maintenance parts, etc.) from national vendors for all properties within the assigned portfolio.
- Negotiates and reviews all maintenance service and/or capital improvement project contracts for home based property and multi location properties.
- Insures the each Maintenance Supervisor is familiar and has information related to the applicable codes in the city, county or state where property is located.
- Monitors OSHA compliance on the home-based property and multi property locations.
- Obtains training opportunities for maintenance staff of the home based property and multi property locations as needed and/or requested.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors Degree in engineering, architecture or similar discipline.
Experience: Five years of related property maintenance or construction supervision work experience. Designated certifications where required.
Qualifications and Skills: Ability to manage and supervise maintenance staff. Ability to manage multi-priorities and multi-tasks for portfolio properties as assigned. Must possess analytical skills along with neat and orderly work habits. Maintain a valid driver’s license. Possess adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical and heating systems and plumbing. Must be able to travel to multi-property locations as required. Must be able to be on-call for supervisory support and assistance 24 hours per days, seven days a week (excluding vacations or personal emergencies). Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the Company. Ability to preserve and respect resident and applicant confidentiality.
Background Check: Criminal offender record inquiry (CORI) for maintenance employees with master key or unsupervised access to apartments.
Physical Capabilities: Candidate must be able to life between 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
EOEBack to All Careers