General Statement of Duties: The Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator is responsible for oversight and assessment of requests for reasonable accommodations/physical modifications as well as training all applicable staff members in the reasonable accommodation process.
Supervision Received: Reports to Director of Compliance Systems (504/ADA Coordinator)
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Responsible for the oversight of the reasonable accommodation process and procedures for all NDC/Beacon properties.
- Responsible for receiving, tracking and responding to all reasonable accommodation requests.
- Responsible for electronic storage of requests, follow-up and final decision letters.
- Liaison with Resident Services Coordinators (RSC) to provide guidance and training on the reasonable accommodation process.
- Writing and maintenance of reasonable accommodation policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain reasonable accommodation curriculum and training programs (live and webinars).
- Conduct reasonable accommodation training for NDC and Beacon properties.
- Provide one-on-one trainings as needed to new hires, property staff and RSC staff.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, when needed, with property staff on complex cases.
- Work collaboratively with maintenance staff to ensure best solution for physical requests.
- Contact third party sources to verify legitimate need due to disability, according to policies.
- Seek guidance and support from 504/ADA Coordinator and/or legal counsel as needed.
- Provide telephone and email support for property and RSC staff.
- Attend industry training programs and keep abreast of regulations and rules.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience: Paralegal or LICSW preferred, B.S. in related field preferred. Minimum 5 year’s social work/human services experience or comparable work experience.
Qualifications and Skills: Candidate must be able to effectively work with disabled individuals and third-party sources. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and within a team environment; ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity; excellent organizational and proofreading skills; attention to detail; strong interpersonal skills; high energy; must be deadline driven. Ability to be an active team member within the Company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality. Willingness to travel as needed.
Travel requirements: Travel is required for visiting properties and attending offsite meetings and training seminars.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Coordinator Job Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Quality, Self Development, Personal Organization, Productivity, Computer Skills.
Beacon Communities is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, ancestry, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, martial or veteran status.Back to All Careers