Reports to: Director of Talent Management
Location: Home Office
General Statement of Duties: This position supports the Director of Talent Management in driving talent management initiatives, creating and maintaining tools and processes in the disciplines of performance management, talent assessment, coaching, development planning, and to develop people managers to meet the current and future business needs of Beacon Communities.
• Assists in scheduling and coordination of events related to talent management initiatives (i.e. Performance Management Training, one-on-one Coaching sessions, new manager onboarding, etc.)
• Coordinates and organizes quarterly Matrix meeting to review performance portfolio-wide
• Assist in the creation of performance management tools to help support the changing needs of the organization
• Collect, analyze and maintain data relating to performance management (e.g. turnover statistics, policy violations, common areas of performance deficiency, etc.)
• Provides thorough data driven reports regarding current state of talent pool to Director of Talent Management
• Provides professional and career development assistance to employees and managers
• Assist with recognition program design, and other programming designed to support high performers
• Reviews and edits written performance counseling documentation and development plans, contacts Director of Talent Management with urgent performance matters as necessary
• Assists managers in developing critical feedback delivery strategy for employees in entry level positions
• Creates and maintains effective system for organizing performance counseling and development planning documentation
• Assists in workplace related investigations when necessary
• Assists in coaching managers and supervising managerial practices to ensure that performance reviews are being done properly.
• Drafts response to Unemployment Claims and participates in Unemployment hearings when necessary
• Serves as a resource and advocate for employees. Develops strong partnerships with Asset Management Committee, Management Committee, Regional Vice Presidents and Property Management and Home Office Leadership teams.
• Assesses, troubleshoots and helps resolve problems and conflicts. Champions company values and culture in all interactions.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
Local travel and out-of-state travel required as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
2+ years of broad HR experience including talent management and performance management.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field. SHRM-CP is not required, but a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties may be assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
HR Expertise/Communication/Relationship Management/Critical Evaluation/ Consultation/Business Acumen/Leadership/Ethical Practice
Equal Opportunity EmployerBack to All Careers